2020-08-04

Devotional: Endurance


We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
Romans 5:3 NLT



From bible.com
Life brings us many hard times that we will have to face. It also brings us many physical illnesses, like cancer and heart disease, and mental illnesses, like depression and heartache. Sometimes it seems like we are being run down day after day with new problems in our lives. Sometimes we don't even want to get back up after being down so long. But there is some good that can come of the troubles.

As Christians, we have Jesus who can pick us up and support us. With Jesus by our side, we can face these troubles and build up endurance. Like a runner who is working on endurance for a marathon, the more we go through the stronger we will be when the next hard time comes. And when it is all over, we will have a great prize in Jesus and being members of the Kingdom of Heaven.

I know it is hard to rejoice when things are hard and we can barely see the next wave before it is crashing over us, but despite the pain, we can rejoice in the Lord always. We can face anything the world will throw at us because we have God on our side.



Lord, though I hurt inside and things are trying to keep me down, I know I can rejoice in you. You will give me strength when I need it and comfort when the tears flow. I thank you God for the endurance to keep moving until I come home to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment