2020-08-14

Devtional: De-frag


Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.
Psalms 119:105 HCSB



I was sitting in church one day and my dad, who I have mentioned before is the pastor, said something that got me thinking. What he said I have no clue any more, but it made me laugh at the thought that came to me.

From bible.com
For anyone who has used windows in the past, you know how terrible it's behind the scenes filing and storing system is. It saves bits and pieces all over the place and eventually make it so that things slow down and run bad. So bad that Windows actually added a program to keep things straight, Disk De-fragmentation. That is a big word to write. But what it does is takes the fragmented files, however they came about, like deletion and overwriting, and moves them into a place where the disk can get to the files faster. It basically makes windows faster by putting them in a better order. New systems no longer need to do this and its even better if you use an SSD.

This got me thinking a little. In life, when you are broken and worn down, when you feel like everything is crumbling and you are lost in your walk through life, God works as Life De-fragmentation. No matter how bad it is, God can get you back on track, but its a much better track than what you were on before. When God aligns your life, as opposed to you try to align it yourself, things work better. We need to let God rearrange us daily so that we avoid becoming fragmented 




Lord, keep me from fragmenting in my walk with you. Help me to be a light to draw others to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment